Wednesday, December 10, 2008

the hold steady


This month I went to the Hold Steady show with a friend from law school. I felt very angelino while going to a show on a weeknight and running around in/from the torrential downpour that occurred at the end of the show. Those of you who are familiar with the phenomenon, those in California can't drive or deal with the rain. It's one of the reasons why no one walks in L.A. it's the rain (or fear of the rain.)

I'd been very curious about the Hold Steady for some time now and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. RRS now stands for "Rebel Rock Steph" as friend from law school says. The Hold Steady is a band which gives you a healthy dose of rock rock rock. Our energetic front man, Craig Finn is like an ultra excited Elvis Costello.

I often do a little research before going to the show and this guy catches a little flack for being a little chubby. "Who really cares?" is my immediate reply. We've been loving that bald Billy Corgan and also chubby Frank Black for years. Get over it fourteen year olds.

One of my favorite songs, and a crowd favorite as well was called "Chips Ahoy"

No comments: