Sunday, December 28, 2008

one half of the smashing pumpkins

I also saw one half of my favorite band since the 8th grade, the Smashing Pumpkins. Now I hear you saying already "gee steph grow up already." But my reply is, "I've just always been very sophisticated. Not every 13 year old is attracted to 9 minute 70's style rock."

Having very restrictive parents, I was never really able to fulfill my middle school fantasy of seeing Mr.Corgan live with his original line up. I saw Zwan once, but it wasn't the same. In fact, the lights kind of cancelled out half my memories of that show. I think I had some type of seizure. But I digress, in 2008 I got to see Mr. Corgan and Mr. Chamberlain live.

I really enjoyed the cracks Billy C made at us for being old. I really did feel old. I stood for the majority of the concert, I was angry at the woman who was obviously on crystal who would periodically elbow my concert friend, and I was a little bit peeved at the couple who was making out in front of us.

I loved the opening where Billy came out wearing a big theatrical headpiece and a foofy dress. At first I thought it was part of the set, but no it was our personal, our ultimate, our court appointed heavy metal machine- Billy Corgan.

A Set List:

tarantula,
glow,
i am one,
mayonaise,
eye
the end is the begining is the end (watchmen trailer style, not batman and robbin)
a 10 min version of heavy metal machines
today
rosemart
stand inside your love
tonight tonight

and we only come out at night

Once upon a time:



We are all slaves to rock and roll.

No comments: